K-cup coffee makers refer to the well-known Keurig pod coffee machines that keep gaining popularity worldwide. But there is quite a bit of confusion when it comes to K-cups and pods. Pods and K-cups will not work in the same type of coffee machine.
But before we begin let’s define the difference between a pod and a K-cup.
Best K-cup Coffee Maker
A pod is coffee or tea that is sealed in a paper filter, often looking like tea bag. They are soft and pliable, often wrapped in foil to maintain freshness.
A K-cup is a small plastic cup that holds coffee, tea or coffee flavored drinks such as cappuccino. It comes with a foil lid that is punctured while brewing, which fills the cup with water without allowing the grinds to escape.
K-cups are generally more popular than old-fashioned pods because they offer an impressive selection of blends, varieties and flavored coffees. Plus, they brew a perfect cup of coffee time after time.
K-cup Coffee Maker
When choosing the best K-cup coffee maker for you, you should take into consideration the following:
Features: The type of features you will need from your K-cup coffee maker will depend on your daily caffeine needs. If you just need a quick cup of coffee or more espresso-based coffee beverages, it will depend on what type of machine you buy.
Best K-cup Coffee Maker
#01-New House Kitchen Maker K-Cup Pod Brewer Instant Reboil Single Serve, Free Filter For Use with Grounds, Coffee on Command, Mug NOT Included – Compact
- YOU BREW YOU; Cutting edge technology ensures coffee brews quickly and at the perfect temperature no more cold coffee. Instant re boil function allows you to brew cup after cup with no wait time unlike other k cup brewers
- K CUPS OR GROUNDS; Accepts ALL K Cups and Coffee Grounds so you can have your cup of joe how you want it. Includes permanent filter for use with coffee grounds; can also brew loose leaf tea
- ONE TOUCH OPERATION; Brews coffee just how you like it; simply no levers to pull. Experiment with less water for a bolder flavor or more water for a milder taste. Make it your favorite way every time!
- COMPACT DESIGN; Narrow profile fits and stores anywhere; can even be used to brew coffee on vacations or trips; in dorms; offices; or any size kitchen. Tall enough to use with most travel mugs; you can quickly brew your favorite hot beverages on the go!
- RESOURCES; cETL approved with advanced safety technology for long lasting durability and 1year warranty provided by Chefman; so you can purchase worry free we've got your back! For information on how to use your product; scroll down for a PDF User Guide. 1000 Watts/120 Volts
#02-Cuisinart SS-15 12-Cup Coffee Maker and Single-Serve Brewer, Stainless Steel
- 12-cup glass carafe with stainless steel handle. Material: Metal
- Brew Strength Control - select BOLD for stronger coffee flavor. BPA free.MC Cubic Feet: 1.71
- Gold-tone coffee filter lets only pure coffee flavor flow through.UC Cubic Feet: 1.26
- Single-Serve serving sizes: 6, 8, 10 oz; Charcoal water filter
- Includes Cuisinart's Home Barista Reusable Filter Cup which lets you use your own coffee, K-Cup pod compatible as well
#03-Mueller Ultima Single Serve K-Cup Coffee Maker, Coffee Machine with Four Brew Sizes for Most Single Cup Pods including 1.0 & 2.0 K-Cup Pods
Size: K-Cup coffee makers vary in size. Some models come with a water tank and take up quite a bit of counterpace. Smaller models often brew only one cup at a time. Plus some styles have a more aesthetic look than others, which depends on personal taste.
Read More: How to Choose the Best Keurig Coffee Maker
Price: There are hundreds of different K-cup brands and models in a wide variety of price ranges. Basically, there is a model that suits everybody’s budget. But, the quality of the K-Cups will depend on the brand you choose for a coffee maker.