K-cup coffee makers refer to the well-known Keurig pod coffee machines that keep gaining popularity worldwide. But there is quite a bit of confusion when it comes to K-cups and pods. Pods and K-cups will not work in the same type of coffee machine.
But before we begin let’s define the difference between a pod and a K-cup.
Best K-cup Coffee Maker
A pod is coffee or tea that is sealed in a paper filter, often looking like tea bag. They are soft and pliable, often wrapped in foil to maintain freshness.
A K-cup is a small plastic cup that holds coffee, tea or coffee flavored drinks such as cappuccino. It comes with a foil lid that is punctured while brewing, which fills the cup with water without allowing the grinds to escape.
K-cups are generally more popular than old-fashioned pods because they offer an impressive selection of blends, varieties and flavored coffees. Plus, they brew a perfect cup of coffee time after time.
K-cup Coffee Maker
When choosing the best K-cup coffee maker for you, you should take into consideration the following:
Features: The type of features you will need from your K-cup coffee maker will depend on your daily caffeine needs. If you just need a quick cup of coffee or more espresso-based coffee beverages, it will depend on what type of machine you buy.
Best K-cup Coffee Maker
#01-New House Kitchen Maker K-Cup Pod Brewer Instant Reboil Single Serve, Free Filter For Use with Grounds, Coffee on Command, Mug NOT Included – Compact
- Quick brewing: brews coffee at the perfect temperature. Quick brewing and instant re-boil function brew a great-tasting cup of Coffee right in the convenience of your own home.
- Sleek finish: stainless steel accents ensure this Coffee Maker fits in beautifully on your counter. Its slim design takes up very little space and can be stored easily - perfect for dorms, Studio apartments and small kitchens.
- Versatility: if you love K-Cups and freshly ground Coffee, no You don't have to choose between the two! This brewer makes Coffee any way according to your mood. It brews quickly and easily so you can always have a fresh cup of joe.
- On-the-go: have a favorite travel mug or bottle? It's tall enough to fit most mugs so you can bring your Coffee on the go. Great for frequent commuters and taking on trips.
- Purchase worry free: for your convenience, A 1 year Hassle-Free is provided by New House Kitchen.
#02-Cuisinart SS-15 12-Cup Coffee Maker and Single-Serve Brewer, Stainless Steel
- 12-cup glass carafe with stainless steel handle. Material: Metal
- Brew Strength Control - select BOLD for stronger coffee flavor. BPA free
- Gold-tone coffee filter lets only pure coffee flavor flow through.UC Cubic Feet: 1.26
- Single-Serve serving sizes: 6, 8, 10 oz; Charcoal water filter
- Includes Cuisinart's Home Barista Reusable Filter Cup which lets you use your own coffee, K-Cup pod compatible as well
#03-Mueller Ultima Single Serve K-Cup Coffee Maker, Coffee Machine with Four Brew Sizes for Most Single Cup Pods including 1.0 & 2.0 K-Cup Pods
- COMPATIBLE: Mueller Ultima is designed to fit ALL 1.0 & 2.0 pods as well so you can have your cup of coffee the way you want it!
- VERSATILE: With 4 different brew sizes available, you choose the strength you want. Can be programmed to brew 6, 8 ,10 & 12 oz cups.
- RAPID BREW: Proprietary technology ensures coffee brews quickly and at the perfect temperature - no more cold coffee
- LARGE 48 OZ REMOVABLE WATER TANK: With a large opening it is now much more convenient to fill it with water and clean. Great for when you have family & friends over and no more having to re-fill with water.
- CERTIFICATION: BPA-free material for water tank and UL, ETL, certification for coffee brewer give you peace of mind and comes with LIVE friendly Customer Support.
Size: K-Cup coffee makers vary in size. Some models come with a water tank and take up quite a bit of counterpace. Smaller models often brew only one cup at a time. Plus some styles have a more aesthetic look than others, which depends on personal taste.
Read More: How to Choose the Best Keurig Coffee Maker
Price: There are hundreds of different K-cup brands and models in a wide variety of price ranges. Basically, there is a model that suits everybody’s budget. But, the quality of the K-Cups will depend on the brand you choose for a coffee maker.