Descaling A Keurig Coffee Machine: As coffee lovers, it normal for one to wake up and brew a cup of coffee every single day before heading off to work. But one may wake up one day and be faced with the worst; Failure of the coffee machine! This may be brought about by poor maintenance or lack of frequently washing the machine. Clogs develop inside the machine due to long time usage. The machines may also quit to work completely. It is therefore recommended for one to frequently check and clean the machines to ensure the operations work smoothly. One of the ways of cleaning is descaling.
How To Descale A Keurig Coffee Machine
Descaling is recommended for every 3-6 months depending on the frequency of the usage of the machine. The following steps must be followed in descaling;
Step 1. Preparing the brewer
One should empty the water from the water reservoir along with the water filter. The brewer should be turned off as well. Add the descaling solution to the water reservoir with some water to the 10 oz fill level. Place a large ceramic mug or a bowl on the drip tray plate
Step 2. Cleansing
Lift the handle of the brewer. After an average of about 5 seconds, lower the brewer handle and pess the brew button. Once the solution has been fully dispensed, discard the hot contents into the sink. Let the pot cool for sometime.
Descaling A Keurig Coffee Machine
#01-Mixpresso – Single Serve Coffee Maker | Compatible with K-Cups | Quick Brew Technology with Auto Shut-Off | One Touch Function | Programmable Features | Available in Dark Grey & Black Color
- ☕️INSTANT COFFEE MAKER: Our Single Serve Coffee maker is exactly what you need to start your day productively and on a high note! Compatible with K-Cups and easily programmable, our coffee machine can almost instantly brew your favorite brand of ground coffee with our quick-brewing technology!
- ☕️100% AUTOMATIC FUNCTION: Make your favorite flavors of K-Cup pods or ground coffee in an instant since the preheating time is just 2 minutes. Just press one button to start and shut down and press and hold the button to drain the water and effortlessly clean the inner part of the coffee maker as well!
- ☕️PREMIUM CONSTRUCTION FOR COFFEE LOVERS: With 800 Watts of power and heavy-duty materials, this Single Cup Coffee Maker is perfect for anyone living alone, or even for families whose sleeping schedule does not coincide. Program your new coffee maker to prepare a 4, 6, 8, 10 or 12 oz cup of coffee and wake up with pure energy and delicious taste!
- ☕️A BREEZE TO CLEAN: We know you’re probably a busy man or woman with not much time to replace coffee filters or clean messy kitchen accidents! Now, you can simply wash the K cup coffee pods drawer under the tap and easily fill the coffee maker under the tap as well! Literally takes a few seconds to clean and reuse.
#02-Keurig K-Classic Coffee Maker K-Cup Pod, Single Serve, Programmable, Black
- Brews multiple k-cup pod sizes: (6, 8, 10 ounce) – the most popular k-cup pod brew sizes. Use the 6 ounce brew size to achieve the strongest brew.
- Large 48 ounce water reservoir: Allows you to brew 6+ cups before having to refill, saving you time and simplifying your morning routine. The water reservoir is removable, making it easy to refill whenever you need to.
- Descaling: An important part of cleaning your keurig brewer. This process helps to remove calcium deposits, or scale, that can build up inside a coffee maker over time.
- Auto-off: An auto-off feature is easily programmed to turn off your coffee maker after it has been idle for two hours, helping to save energy.
- Simple button controls: Just insert a pod, select your desired cup brew size, and brew a great-tasting cup in under a minute.
#03-Keurig K250 Single Serve, K-Cup Pod Coffee Maker with Strength Control, Peacock Blue
- A sleek and slim single-serve coffee maker. Includes 4 K-Cup pods, a water filter handle + 2 water filters, and a bottle of descaling solution to help extend the life of your brewer. Dimensions : 13.7 H X 9 W X 15 D inches
- 40 oz. water reservoir allows you to brew 4+ cups before having to refill, saving you time and simplifying your morning routine. The water reservoir is removable, making it easy to refill
- Brews multiple K-Cup pod brew sizes (4, 6, 8, 10 oz.) and brews a Carafe (22, 26, or 30oz) using K-Carafe pods to give you more coffee when you need it (Carafe sold separately)
- Strength Control: A strength control setting allows you to brew a bolder cup using any K-Cup pod brew size
- A black and white touch screen makes it easy to brew a fresh, great tasting cup in under a minute
Read More: Best Tasting Coffee Maker
Step 3. Rinsing
The final step draws down to rinsing. The above processes is to be repeated until you press the brew button once again. Keep an eye on the brew button. When it turns red, power of as you give time for it to dispense. Lift and lower the brewer then press the brew button. Discard the contents into the sink. The machine is clean and ready to use again.