Some people have no idea how to clean coffee maker in a fast and efficient manner. That is why this article aims to provide a faster and better way to clean the coffee maker. A coffee maker can last for a longer period of time once cleaned thoroughly and properly, and so it is important for all us to master the proper technique.
How to Clean a Coffee Maker
The first thing to do is to dump the old coffee or any residual element left inside the basket of your coffee maker. Then you need to return the basket and restore the coffee maker to its original state. Now it is time to pour half a glass of hot water and fill the other half of that glass with white vinegar inside that water reservoir of the coffee maker. This mixture will help to remove any solid buildup or lime inside the machine. Run the coffee maker with the mixture of hot water and vinegar and once this cycle is complete, throw out the mixture and then repeats this process again.
Tips on How to Clean a Coffee Maker
#01-West Bend 33600 Highly Polished Aluminum Commercial Coffee Urn Features Automatic Temperature Control Large Capacity with Quick Brewing Smooth Prep and Easy Clean Up, 100-Cup, Silver
- Large capacity coffee urn brews up to 100 cups at one cup per minute speed
- Features a coffee-level gauge and interior water level markings
- An indicator light informs you that the brewing cycle is done and coffee is ready
- Automatic temperature control keeps coffee hot for hours
- Two-way dripless faucet for single-cup or continuous filling
#02-Mr. Coffee 4-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker, Black (DRX5-RB)
#03-Chefman Instabrew Single Serve Coffee Maker Brewer for K-Cup Pods, Coffee-Grounds & Loose-Leaf Tea w/ Instant Reboil & Bonus Reusable Filter, Compact 14 oz, Black/Stainless Steel, Mug Not Included
- RAPID BREW: Proprietary technology ensures coffee brews quickly and at the perfect temperature - no more cold coffee. Instant re-boil function allows you to brew cup after cup with no wait time, unlike other k-cup brewers
- COMPACT DESIGN: Narrow profile fits and stores anywhere, can even be used to brew coffee on exotic vacations, trips, in dorms or any size kitchen. Tall enough to use with most travel mugs, you can quickly brew your favorite hot beverages on-the-go!
- USE WITH K-CUPS OR GROUNDS: Accepts ALL K-Cups & Coffee Grounds so you can have your cup of joe how you want it. Includes permanent filter for use with coffee grounds; can also brew loose leaf tea. **Not affiliated with Keurig/Green Mountain**
- ONE TOUCH OPERATION: Brews coffee just how you like it, simply - no levers to pull. Experiment with less water for a bolder flavor or more water for a milder taste. Make it your favorite way every time!
- RESOURCES & WARRANTY: Includes access to Club Chefman for tailor made step-by-step recipes, tutorial videos, and more! cETL approved with advanced safety technology for long lasting durability, & 1-year hassle-free warranty provided by Chefman, so you can purchase worry-free - we've got your back! 1000 Watts/120 Volts - RJ14-SKG-IR
Coffee Maker Cleaning
Once you complete two cycles of this process, take out the pot and empty it, and then wash the pot with hot water mixed with a detergent solution to remove any stains from the pot. The basket should also be washed with hot soapy water. You can use a used toothbrush to brush out any solid stains from the basket and pot.
Now you need to run the coffee maker with cold fresh water. This process should be repeated twice more. This process is essential to remove all the white vinegar from the pot. After the cleaning process is completed, take a lint-free cloth and remove all the water stains from the exterior of the coffee maker.
Read More: How To Make Coffee Without A Coffee Maker
It is important to wash your coffee maker every now and then to keep it performing under optimum conditions.